What I believe about God
- - There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing
eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- - Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived by
the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, the Just for the
unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified on the
ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at
the right hand of the Majesty on high as our great High Priest. He will come again to
establish His Kingdom of righteousness and peace.
- - The Holy Spirit is a divine person, sent to indwell, guide,
teach and empower the believer, and to convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of
- - The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given,
were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation
of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
- - Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God:
he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men
are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only
through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. The portion of the impenitent and
unbelieving person is existence forever in conscious torment; and that of the believer, in
everlasting joy and bliss.
- - Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all
men; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive
the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.
- - It is the will of God that each believer should be filled
with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly, being separated from sin and the world and
fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective
service. This is both a crisis and progressive experience wrought in the life of the
believer subsequent to conversion.
- - Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus
Christ for the healing of the mortal body. Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are
taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the Church in this present age.
- - The Church consists of all those who believe in the Lord
Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ
is the Head of the Body, the Church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the
world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all the nations. The local church is a body of
believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification
through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel, and
observance of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
- - There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the
unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life; for the latter, a resurrection unto
- - The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and
will be personal, visible and premillennial. This is the believer's blessed hope and is a
vital truth that is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.
Gavin Percy Langley
Send mail to
with questions or comments about this web site
Thursday, January 26, 2017